View Single Post
Old 2017-10-13, 22:46   Link #12033
S.Freedom

As for zaft ranks.

It makes sense in a way. You really can't have everyone be the same rank. The color of uniform just provides an easy visual indicator. Like the number of stars on a generals/admirals shoulders. And weather you have one star or four your still addressed as general/admiral. *shrugs*

As for Kira holding rank in both Orbs military and ZAFT. Considering his sister leads one and his girlfriend/future wife leads the other. Pretty easy I'd think considering both Cagalli and Lacus trust Kira and are on good terms themselves. Realistically speaking, I think it's similar to Eisenhower's position going into the Normandy invasion in that he commanded American and British military forces.

As for Kira "winning" the Strike vs. Aegis fight. I think the viewpoint is that Kira "forced" Athrun to self-destruct. As such didn't technically win considering both Kira and the Strike returned to action. As for Luna's comments on the subject, you have to remember that she was an Athrun fangirl at the time. So she was likely exaggerating it.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote