View Single Post
Old 2017-10-13, 23:15   Link #12034
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Congratulations, SEED. Somehow you've managed to become even more retarded in your attempts to bend over backwards for Kira.

As for Athrun vs Kira in the original run, if you look at it from the angle of Athrun's objective in the fight (Killing Kira), he failed. Kira survived, and his Gundam was also intact and able to be salvaged completely by ORB, whereas his own Gundam was completely destroyed. So in some ways, yes, it was Athrun's loss.
It really is shocking. There's too much of a favourism involved lol.

It certainly makes sense. Athrun really didn't fulfill his objective since he couldn't kill Kira or even destroy Strike.

...To be honest, this is really embarrasing but I was a Kira fanboy myself. Though there was so much comments where people supported Athrun so few of us had to use the two objectives mentioned about to claim it was DRAW at best since we were the minority back then lol. ....Though finding it out this way many years after the series ended was like a slap in the face. I really don't know how to feel about this lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
As for zaft ranks.

It makes sense in a way. You really can't have everyone be the same rank. The color of uniform just provides an easy visual indicator. Like the number of stars on a generals/admirals shoulders. And weather you have one star or four your still addressed as general/admiral. *shrugs*

As for Kira holding rank in both Orbs military and ZAFT. Considering his sister leads one and his girlfriend/future wife leads the other. Pretty easy I'd think considering both Cagalli and Lacus trust Kira and are on good terms themselves. Realistically speaking, I think it's similar to Eisenhower's position going into the Normandy invasion in that he commanded American and British military forces.
It does make sense though it would have great if they used the ranks for the ZAFT soldiers on the TV series. So finding it out this way is a huge shock for me

Amuro was also someone who had no military training so he could only stay as captain in EA. It's scary how Lacus and Cagalli can ignore that and give such ranking to Kira who also has no military training This shows how having connections is unfair lol.