View Single Post
Old 2017-10-14, 14:14   Link #12040
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Don't know if it's useful but Kira was kinda undefeatable in the first SEED series. In one fight, he nearly tries to kill Athrun but is stopped by Nicole (was that his name? Been long since I haven't watched the series). In the next fight, Kira and Athrun go Patlabor with both punching each other. Still, Kira always had assistants in SEED. However, Athrun accomplished his mission of destroying the Strike so he kind of won. The only other guy who nearly took him down was Rau. It confused me how they managed to the Freedom after that fight.

Still, Shinn did defeat Kira in Destiny after learning his patterns. I know a lot hate Destiny Kira, but I think in one of the Super Robot Wars, one of the "Char clones" convinces Kira not to hold back and kill enemies.
His mission was to kill Kira. As far as destroying the Strike, he did a pretty shit job at it, since it was easily salvaged and rebuilt. Can't say the same of the Aegis. Even with the participants neutralized for a time, the ZAFT side of the conflict took far heavier losses than the EA side, so it's hard to see it as any victory other than pyrrhic, which kind of defeats the point of winning at all.