View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 18:56   Link #21
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You think a member of the Imperial Family, no less the Crown Prince, would not receive treatment?
Is it inconceivable that such treatment could have been given privately, without the public learning of?

Serious question. I don't know if Japan has a significant element of the paparazzi in its country.

Quote:
Again, you're looking at Mashiro as if she's a person who grew up in a normal environment.
No, I'm not looking at her like that. But whatever environment Mashiro grew up in, she has now had ample opportunity to learn how to converse more like a normal individual. And yet the same speech patterns continue, and the same misunderstandings continue. Mashiro still has troubles even expressing her basic feelings on things.

Quote:
Everything so far indicates she has NOT, thus the statement "that I think most people would have learned to avoid by now" is not applicable.
I disagree. I think it is applicable. Mashiro has been at Sakurasou for a very significant stretch of time now.

Quote:
Blank facial expressions are not real consideration unless other symptoms are prevalent.
Well, I do see other such symptoms. Such as...

Quote:
Preoccupation with certain topics is a common thing (especially for someone whose life was supposedly only about art).
Yes, but when you start combining it with blank facial expressions and some other symptoms, it starts to form a certain picture.

Quote:
At this point you've basically decided on the diagnosis and retroactively looking for the symptoms.
No, not at all. I simply find the very consistent and patterned symptoms to be difficult to properly account for otherwise.

Why should simply growing up in a sheltered environment lead to such blank and expressionless faces, for example? I don't get that, I truly don't.

If Mashiro is autistic, that would answer some questions that currently have no clear-cut answers otherwise.

Frankly, I don't get why you seem so biased against the idea of Mashiro being autistic. Do you think that would make her less of a character?

Quote:
We have a person who had an unusual childhood, and thus we cannot apply the same standards as we would for most other "normal" people.
I think that you're overstating the importance of this.