Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-20, 19:19   Link #1050
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
There's a lot of really oddball places around the States, so I could certainly see there being a town like that. The town's prosperity is dependent on its local business; mining. So those who have settled down will want to do everything in their power to ensure that said business continues to boom, else the prosperity of the town will drop. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the counselor's primary responsibilities was to discourage able-bodied men from seeking opportunities outside of the town.

You're right; I was being unfair before. It probaly does happen more than I thought.

Quote:
As for the backstory, this is a character driven anime, so in my view its expected. Sometimes backstory is necessary early, before the audience has had time to connect with the character, because its necessary for the audience to connect with the character. I'm going to wait for this backstory to play out before deciding if I care for these characters or not.
Oh, I get that this is character driven. It's why I love it so....

I guess I don't really care for Vince or Pico yet....though I do sympathize with Pico over his guilt over Brian's death...