Thread: Fallout 3
View Single Post
Old 2008-11-02, 00:52   Link #39
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
The game isn't half bad at all.... scratch that, I love the game and I loved Oblivion. If you wonna cry about the Equal leveled Enemies then get the PC version ....

Again for jazzrat, Kinda hard to find WORKING Disks to play some music, You're lucky theirs music at all Fallout 1 and 2 didn't have music that I Remember (Actual singing)
Actually the enemy scaling is fine once you get some weapon skill up high to consistently hit them with VATS. The xp you gained from enemy scaling is worth the hassle of fighting them anyway.

As for the musics, i m just nitpicking. Three Dogs and GNR station is great but definitely something they could have expand on (like GTA?). Considering they had Liam Nelson doing the VA, it wouldnt have cost that much more to license some of the oldies from Frank Sinatra, Louise Armstrong or Ella Fitzgerald. Louise and Ella's song was featured before in Fallout 1 & 2 before anyway.

Spoiler for combat tips:

Though the AI does get stuck once in awhile, it's actually quite rare in the PC version. Monster AI are pretty decent especially with the compass system where you only get indicators of which direction the enemy is so if you dont check your six once in awhile in a firefight, you might get a super mutie carving you a new orifice.

All in all, Fallout 3 is great. We all tend to put our classics on the pedestal of awesomeness but let's not forget that Fallout 1 and 2 had it's share of problems as well