View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 13:32   Link #119
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
But the very reason she feels guilt is likely because she can't bring herself to become a MG for Mami's sake. I don't believe this needs to be said out loud, i am sure she was thinking about, but in the end is too scared to take that option, hence the guilt. It's not like she has much else to feel guilty for - she feels guilty for not being up to the task when she could potentially bring her friend back. She might even be scared of asking about it, because an actual confirmation that revival is an option would torment her even more - it's one thing to suspect (and it's bad enough on her), it's another to have it confirmed by Kyubey - she still wouldn't be able to do it, but would feel even more crushed by guilt. It's a very human reaction, and i am impressed the show took it indeed.
As I pointed out, you may be right, but we need to be shown this. To do otherwise is bad writing.

If you really need to be made aware of the problems with wish systems, I suggest you watch the Neverending Story 2 and 3. Better yet, watch the Nostalgia Critic's review of those two movies.

If you can end your series on a happy note with a wish that was available from day 1, it's bad writing, plain and simple. It means you need to make your characters dumb as dirt in order for the plot to work.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote