View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 13:51   Link #185
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
He didn't have his plan yet. He stopped Misaka from moving because he knew that she would be committing suicide. Stopping her, even when he didn't have a plan to stop the experiments yet, might not have been the most rational choice but it was the only one he could emotionally accept.

After he got beaten up by her he realized his plan and how he could stop it without her having to die. Before that he was just trying to stop a girl from killing herself.
I am sorry you mean to tell me Touma couldn't think of his incredibly simple plan of punching Accelerator prior to nearly being shocked to death? Thank for proving my point of how stupid he was during this episode.

And if he needed time to think of a plan, why didn't he just block Misaka's attacks? Instead of almost dying and putting himself in worse state to fight Accelerator.

Quote:
He did this for incredibly obvious reasons that were literally just explained in this episode. He needs to stop Accelerator without her help because otherwise the scientists will assume that she beat Accel and not him. The entire point is to make the scientists think that Accelerator is so useless he would lose to a level 0. Losing to a level 5 would not make the scientists decide he was worthless.
He ends using her help anyways, and if Misaka was credited with defeating him it would still a bring an end to the experiments. Since the tree diagram deemed it impossible for her to defeat him, so sorry I just see that as excuse by poor writing to try to justify his treating her like a helpless child.

Quote:
You say that like he wasn't terrified. He was. He was just more angry.
If he was afraid, he would have asked for help, oh sorry if he was intelligent and afraid he would have asked for help.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote