View Single Post
Old 2008-03-12, 06:22   Link #31
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
I wish they would have interviewed a so-called new age fansubber such as myself. I'd have plenty to say on the subject.
The only thing is, I think I'm qualified to speak on both fronts. I may have been painted as "old school" but this is coming from a guy who speedsubbed Wolf's Rain, Tsubasa Chronicle (a DB project, mind you), Blood+, Death Note, etc. I used to capture Naruto and supply it to ANBU/AnimeOne when they were knocking off Toriyama World. I used to even do some translations for DB's main 2 projects (the songs, mostly).

I know what's going on in the scene. The interview did play up the "glory hog" angle a bit more than it truly is and downplayed the "community/hobby" side of it a little bit, but if you read deep enough all of that is expressed in there.

It was designed to be sensational and get a rise out of non-fansubbers. The "old school" business was more for credibility than anything (you gotta realize that this was expected to be seen by most of the American and Japanese industries as well). That's where I was coming from with it.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote