View Single Post
Old 2006-12-25, 22:37   Link #462
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergol View Post
KgNE had stellar production values, but its moral values were more questionable. The leads didn't act a bit Japanese - none of the self-restraint, modesty, thought for others, or Confucian sense of shame that I like in the Japanese and like the depictions of in anime - and that they're quickly losing as a people. Frankly, it felt like something you'd see on the WB.
You'd be suprised, Japanese people are human too and not all of them fit the stereotypical super-straight Japanese person. More often than not, of all the Japanese people I've spoken to personally and have met, they don't fit half the Japanese mold in animes.

Quote:
On the upside with KimiBozo, Akane is quite the cutie. Which brings us to Akane Maniax. Come on now - are you really telling me that with a stellar character like Akane to work with and a rich background from a popular established series, that AkaMani is the best sequel you could have come up with? And on top of all that, there's precious little Akane actually in the series - the whole thing focuses on monkey boy Gouda.
This would be simply a misconception problem with the viewer. Akane Maniax is not a sequel to KimiNozo, it's a bridge-gap between KimiNozo and MuvLuv. It's also supposed to center on Gouda using Akane as a plot point/device.