Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Overlord Season 3
View Single Post
Old 2018-09-25, 18:21   Link #798
DemonneoPT

I was promised a SPLATpisode but i did not see any splat. Literally, no soldier was squashed by those dark monsters. I did not see any massacre. Just one of the worst CGI mixed with goat sounds and some dead bodies that for some reason appeared in the background without we actually see how they died from the monsters. Nice censorship, outstanding pace, fantastic piece of animation, masterpiece of horror, mad skills in directing an epic scene from the original source into an anime episode. Bravo!!! I'm impressed Madhouse! I see that the saving budget argument was spot on!

Absolutelly ridiculous. I did not read the LN, but i read the Youjo Senki x Overlord aniversary chapter and i know the spell Ainz did there was the same as the one in today's episode. I fail to understand how it's possible to translate SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT X100 into the shit i just saw....

I knew that having extra seasons would come with a catch. This is Berserk all over again. I can't believe i'm going to say this, but i no longer am looking forward for the next possible Overlord season. It's literaly unwatchable at this point. This is proof of how fucked up anime industry is these days. They do not even have budget to animate a title that sells like hot cakes. This really makes me appreciate Boku no Hero Academia or Shingeki no Kyojin even more. Rare pieces of good looking animation and overall nice directing and pace. Overlord anime is a joke! Only the OST is worth praising.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote