Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-13, 12:03   Link #719
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Is anyone else getting these huge Minmay vibes from Acchan illustrations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Don't know anything but I pray that Okada remembers that she's no Gen Urobuchi
Don't remind me!! :O Now my imagination is doing this terrible thing. Can't wait to see the ep, hoping that nothing like that went down.

Btw, can I just add that the whole "Unfinished product" concept is what makes these girls so attractive as entertainers? It's quite boring to watch our western finished product entertainers and singers at times, because all they are is an unreachable goal. The whole "anyone can make it if they work their butts off" concept is quite inspiring, which is obviously what they were going for. I wonder if a similar concept over here would inspire more people to go after what they want to be instead of accepting who they are right now because society says so. I live in a society that's really restricted in that regard (UK), so I wonder..
That said, Morning Musume actually does this to a much greater extend than AKB, who does take people with some background, whereas the former purposefully takes girls who have literally zero experience like Suzuki Kanon.
I get the impression that most AKB members have some experience or at least know what they want to do in the future/ what they want to get from this and are thus a bit more focussed than a pure "idol made from scratch" concept.
Which is good, since they're actually in this to build a future for themselves.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote