View Single Post
Old 2011-10-24, 08:23   Link #25304
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
can someone tell with what's the diference between gold truth and red truth?

We don't rightly know.
Several theories abound, but to try to generalize the ideas, and leeching off of someone else's useful attempt at explanation

I can't prove Kyrie is dead, on the Gameboard. But it is a fact that she's dead.

I can't prove Kyrie is dead, on the Gameboard. But it's extremely obvious to everyone present that she is.

I can't prove Kyrie is dead, on the Gameboard. But it's integral (or more fun) to how I want to write this story that she is, so shut up and accept it.

I can't prove Kyrie is dead, on the Gameboard, but that's the story everyone present decided to stick to.

Keep in mind that I might be wrong.
Also keep in mind that the Gold is so nebulous and admittedly sometimes weaker than the red (which is currently under debate here, anyway), and that's probably why it's only even used, like twice. If we take Lambda's comments at face value, gold truth is pretty close to the heart, or intent, of the author at hand, and it's considered "crude" to use it very much at all.

In that sense, you might liken it to authorial handwaving of things in the plot. I dunno.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote