View Single Post
Old 2011-05-04, 07:56   Link #32
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
Then why does Anime Suki have the word "Perfect" right next to the 10 rating?
Yep, but I'm being subjective here.

Quote:
Dear lord, is the difference between 9/10 and 10/10 really enough to spawn wall of text battles?
Between two Madokamis, no less *looks at the avatars*

While I like StrikerS, I sometimes think it's a good example of what Madoka would risk becoming if it was made as a two-cour show. Yes, 12 episodes may not give too much room for character development, but StrikerS is an example of a production where the studio didn't seem to know what to do with all these episodes in the end. I agree that there are a number of unnecessary sequences, while most crucial points of Nanoha's story (like the accident whereafter she devoted herself to instructorship) are merely flashbacked (and not even given proper lighting in the manga). Even as a MGLN fan, I can see why some people are displeased with the third season - IMHO, it wasn't given the attention and effort it demanded and was worth.
So, while it would be good to have whole 24/26 episodes of Madoka, I wonder if it would do the show any good or make the plot too sparse and buttered thinly over these episodes...

As to the battles in Nanoha and Madoka... Madoka was officially positioned as an action magical girl anime, so battles were expected. They are also part of the system, and part of the girls' lives. So they ARE part of this series, not dismissable in the least. On hte other hand, the nature of these battles differs. In MGLN, characters face either magical/mechanical mooks devoid of any plot-influencing traits or, on the contrary, living people with their problems and souls (most of whom are eventually befriended into coma and then recruited upon leaving hospital ). In Madoka, a similar impression is pulled off at the beginning, all the way until the nature and origin of witches is revealed. Once it's done, fighting witches represents a big vicious cycle, a battle you can never really win. In the end, it's the system or fate the characters fight, not the witches they face.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote