Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Gakkou Gurashi
View Single Post
Old 2015-08-09, 08:52   Link #535
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Is there anyone who seriously think they should abandon Yuki? That's horrible.

Even if she was totally useless (which she's not) it would be horrible nonetheless. Taking care and protecting Yuki despite her issues is what shows they still haven lost their humanity. If they abandoned her, they wouldn't be better than beasts, and then it wouldn't even matter if they survived or not.
It depends... I mean, that's easy for you to say and judge from the comfort of your own home.
Now, given that these zombies are apparently pretty slow and useless overall for plot convenience, the danger here might not be as high as you'd normally expect from such a situation. It may be safe to keep her.

But yes, if it came down to it and these zombies took their job a bit more seriously, I would at the very least be contemplating getting rid of her. Sorry, but she's a liability. She screams, she is noisy and careless, she isn't lucid most of the time, and she could get everyone killed. If I had to chose between risking everyone else to protect her, or keep everyone else safe, she'd probably have to go. I'd try to make it work for as long as possible, but if it came down to it, I'd leave her behind.

And I disagree that this reflects on your humanity. Sure, it's cold and maybe cruel, but this isn't Disneyland. Rational decisions have to be made in these situations, even if they're not pretty and may seem 'mean' from the comfort of our chairs Sure, you can pretend everything is sunshine and daisies and die, but I wouldn't sacrifice everyone for one girl I don't even know particularly well.