View Single Post
Old 2009-10-20, 16:08   Link #534
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She thinks she's somehow worthy of one of Luke's katanas.
She thinks Luke's katanas are cool and wants one. I am sure many others knights would have felt the same way if they had been there to see Luke fight the demon.

Quote:
and she thinks she's too good to stay where she's been ordered to.
As far as I can tell, she disobeyed her orders because she wanted to be more helpful to everyone in the city (as bad an idea as that turned out to be). To say that she did it out of arrogance and to show off to others is a wild guess at best.

Quote:
Buying on credit when she's shown herself to be reckless and not particularly competent?
How is a lack of battle skill proof of one being a dishonest person is beyond me. From the first episode, one can tell that she is trusted by the people, and that alone makes me believe she is not the type to try and pull a scheme to cheat someone out of their money. (read: their deserved payment for a service)

Quote:
No, in addition of having low skills - which doesn't keep her from jumping right in and have others do the heavy lifting of saving her - she's not willing. She froze when she found out she'd have to use her sword on a human body. What did she think she had it for?
She wants to help others but still lacks the experience and the confidence to do it properly. Her desire to do it remains regardless of the outcome.

EDIT:

And one can use a sword as a symbol of authority; Much in the same way as some cops do their best as to not use their guns, but yet wield them daily. This is just me guessing but.... Cecily probably never had intentions of entering a war, and was mostly focusing on being a respectable authority figure to keep things in check in her city.

She is now caught on something bigger and will probably spend a few more episodes adapting to said scenario.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2009-10-20 at 16:23.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote