View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 19:27   Link #3491
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I don't know, I wasn't under the impression that 00 got as much or at least not the same kind of dislike as Age (I was lurking here at the time, and reading blogs/ participating elsewhere). I don't think the general sentiment is comparable...

The big difference being that the reason people got into discussions and/or upset about 00 being positive or negative emotional involvement of some sort- people, even if they were complaining were interested. Somewhat similar to how people got very upset on the topic of Code Geass, but were invested one way or the other. Like it or hate it- or just angry at plot developments.

With Age, most people didn't care at all (hence it being widely ignored as evidenced by the mild participation on here and it being mostly ignored on blogs) and if they did, they only cared about the many things Age did wrong and how boring it was, not about the characters or the story.
Very few people actually stuck with it to the end, with many only marathoning the show to see what happened, because it was just not that interesting or memorable and discussions were similarly bland after a while. Apathy being the key word.

I personally enjoyed 00 with all its flaws and occasional campiness (as I enjoyed CG), and would pick it over Age any day and the same with Wing.
This has to do with the fact that for both of them, I can name a favourite scene, character, suit etc in a heartbeat, whereas for Age.. well, everyone's the same to me, and nothing stood out....
Sadly, that seems to be the case for the majority of viewers. Not sure that would change just because a new show came out, as this kind of transcends typical Gundam-bitching a bit

I know I've been harsh on Age in the past, but honestly, I wish it would've done at least alright, but alas.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote