View Single Post
Old 2011-05-23, 12:57   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Still, you rated this episode a 9/10. So you clearly liked it a lot. So the drama here couldn't have bothered you that much.

Is it that you feel that the drama-focused episodes and comedy-focused episodes compliment each other?
Yep, I feel the comedy-focused episode are an integral part of this show's "identity" (that's why I never thought there was any crisis). So I wouldn't like them to disappear all of a sudden.

I loved this episode of course. I don't think there was that much drama in it, and what drama there was was handled in a very satisfying manner to me. Grandma didn't fall sick for the sake of creating drama, but to provide an opportunity for Ohana's character to grow even more. In other series, they would have made a huge deal out of that, and it may have even left characters depressed for a while. Instead, here, it increased Ohana's motivation to help the inn, and as a result, she's "sparkling" more than ever. She moped around for only a couple minutes before deciding to take matters into her own hands.

This is what I love in this show: it's uplifting, and not depressing one bit. I just want it to remain that way. I don't mind drama one bit, as long as it's not serious/depressing drama. I enjoy depressing drama in other shows (as long as it's not too melodramatic), but I don't think it'd fit the tone of HanaIro.

Sometimes I get the impression people want this anime to be another AnoHana, and that annoys me a bit. Let AnoHana be AnoHana, and let Hanasaku be HanaIro. I enjoy both, and I think it's a very good thing they're so different from one another. Variety is a wonderul thing.