View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 20:10   Link #3542
sa547
*Author

@Archmage:

Have you used BOSS? TES5edit? Also, you have to read closely before using mods and any user comments. Updating the mod -- and the game -- is also necessary.

And how many mods did you installed? Too many mods that are not being used will bring down the game.

It also takes some personal judgment to pick and download mods -- is it going to improve my game? Or make my character or the gameworld look nice? Is it going to work with other mods or my version of Skyrim?

Mods that use scripts will require some close reading because some require you to shut them down first before uninstalling or updating, or they'll be still around even after you removed the mod. So I think you'll have to look closely in data/scripts directory for stray scripts that have been left behind by poorly-made mods.

OBTW, save your earliest gamesaves -- it may get you back on track if you wish to return with a fresh new start.

-----------
On the mod: it turns out that I inadvertently created a good feature for those using Frostfall (which simulates hypothermia and other physical cold-weather effects) -- I installed a couple of braziers, which should be able to help warm up and dry characters after swimming or bathing.

And then I got a brilliant idea!

Next week, I'll start on creating two more mods for the other HF homes.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-12-28 at 20:20.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote