Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-31, 06:16   Link #1853
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I am aware that's what GoRA is doing and in fact, I actually like mixed media projects. The problem is that as I have mentioned in later posts, they failed to present the necessary characterisation to the character that were relevant to the anime's main conflict at hand. They did it right with characters like Tatara, Anna and Bla- oh screw it, I'll call him by his proper name, Kuroh.

Anime viewers don't need to be given any more info about them as they already have considering the episode count. We don't need to know Anna's full backstory, Tatara's big brother act or how Kuroh got Kotowari. Putting all that in the other medias is a wise choice and like you said, gives them a chance to tell more of the settting they came up with and make fans buy more merch.

What the anime needed was more on characters like Mikoto, Reisi and Weismann. Not necessarily the whole story but definitely more than what was presented. GoRA could do that and still keep some extra juicy bits for the novels, etc. Instead what happened was things like Misaki & Fushimi's little spat being given more attention than needed, and would have been much better off being presented in the supplementary materials.
Exactly. The anime had enough information for its story to work and to make the characters enjoyable, but they really should've given more focus to characters who weren't near irrelevant to the plot at hand.

As someone who hasn't read the side materials and probably won't, due to lack of 1) time, 2) interest in Homra and 3) a cheap way to buy/import the Blue novel (I'm not paying 1400 yen + shipping to Europe for 214 pages), the info I got from the anime was enough to make it work, but it would've been nice to have more information in the anime on certain key players, and it's a bit irritating that we could've had more if not for the imbalance in focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
By the way, silver king and gold king are freaking tall.
Images
210cm
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Whoa.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-12-31 at 06:29.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote