View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 09:17   Link #233
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Kha where is all this magic circuit stuff comining from I never heard of it.
And no other series don't count or else we might end up discussing Ban Kai etc.
Correct. It's just that when I mentioned how I modelled the mana conduction system after the circulatory and lymphatic system I was afraid people wouldn't understand and so I put it in as an analogy. Should've made it clearer, now that you've pointed it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
When was it explicitly mentioned.
I think it's in his device.
  • Devices were described as to give the mage the ability to manipulate his magic ability. (season 1)
  • No mage has manipulated magic without having a device on him.
I don't recall linker cores being described as anything more then supposed magic batteries.

And..

Spells manifest either in the device or outside, presumably via the device since as season 2 shown, normal humans can become mages if they have a device.

There is no circuit or system.
It's all ye has mana thus yea can do spells.
I don't recall further development on this in the series.
This was proposed earlier in the thread, as we discussed how devices worked. But Yuuno, Zafira and Arf's magic attacks made us re-think it, and assign it to the Linker Core instead. I know Zafira and Arf are bad examples in this case, but then Yuuno was a full whole-blooded mage w/o a Device for most of the Nanohaverse and yet he could sling chains, heal people and put up barriers capable to resisting cartridge powered attacks for a significant amount of time. And also, the LC is also a place where spells are stored (at least the biological copy, from YnS' ability to use spells of the other mages based on their LC data.)

But I don't think Hayate can be considered a "normal human" AKA Neutral (fandom term). After all, it was mentioned that the YnS targeted individuals of high magic potential. The Book saw something in her.

Quote:
Therefore its fanfiction and holds no grounds. Neither as evidence or as a counter.
Not until it is mentioned in the series.
Once again, it was an analogy to facilitate understanding. The misunderstanding was my bad.