Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 18:18   Link #1087
Arya

Another very good episode
I agree, parents are so far all so good and caring, fathers in particular. I understand Sawa's father turnaround. I mean, looking at her daughter breaking up he broke up too, who wouldn't? He was trying to convince her, harshly, with the cold logic of facts, but when he saw her risking her life for that dream I guess he felt a bit guilty, even if he wasn't . He simply wanted to give her a chance to try. It would have worked as a better closure than what she actually got, or rather didn't get.

And the lighthearted moments were good too, the best moment has been the thumbs-up to the whole Konatsu's declaration Wakana gave to Sawa. That expressed how good she is doing getting in the (female) group. On the other hand it it was one of the hints on how they didn't really understand Sawa's issue. She was really depressed but they didn't get how much. This was put in words when Wakana told to Konatsu how probably simply saying to Sawa to come to the audition wouldn't have been enough. Really? And even before, what was that awkward Wakana's re-mark (mina?) in response to Konatsu "we all want to help you" line. Probably she was implying that the males shouldn't have been counted in, but it was to short to give it a neat meaning. Did she say that because she also thought Sawa was lovesick? Or simply out of tactfulness? The feeling I got anyways was that they don't fully get how much hurt Sawa is. And that wouldn't be bad, would be true-to-life. It happens.

Btw, that bitches even being bitches weren't completely in the wrong. If you care for something you have to apply on that thing. You have to act, not simply react.

If I have to say I didn't like how Wakana played the late mother card on Sawa. I mean, yes, Sawa has been harsh, but that wasn't the moment to say that. Even if Wakana had all the rights to say that, it was a bit unfair.

Speaking of Wein I finally start to get interested in him, abd I'm getting used to his childish attitude, that fits perfectly with Konatsu btw.
So, I'm expecting that he has the saddest story of the whole group. His brother/sister is hospitalized, probably in a coma, for a long time and that red toy is with her/him to protect her/him, as a hero, in its stead. A bit to sad to be honest. But that would fit with how downplayed he has been so far.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote