Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 19:29   Link #1091
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, the way she put the whole thing didn't sound like that to me. She said that if she had the chance to see her mother one more time she would give up music in a heartbeat. She was saying that she would have swap music for her mother. The analogy was between the jockey thing and music, not her mother. For that reason I said that it was out of line and unfair. Wakana was trying to explain how to put things in a wider perspective, for that reason she said to step back. But obviously even Sawa would have give up being a jockey for a parent/relative.
Personally, I felt that was much of the point of what Wakana said to Sawa, if not the whole point. Wakana was really just saying what loads of people on this thread were saying/strongly implying after Episode 7: "There's worst things in life than losing out on a youthful dream. It pales in comparison to losing a parent at a young age. So if I can get over my parental loss, Sawa, then you can certainly move on from your own loss here."

Wakana's way of putting it was much more diplomatic and subtle, of course, but this is the gist of it I think. And it's not unfair, really - It's just life. Sawa's loss is big to her, and for understandable reasons, but people deal with bigger losses than this everyday, so having a little bit of wider perspective here can't hurt.

The fact is that Sawa shouldn't let this keep her down forever. The loss is sad, but it's just not worth that sort of constant moping over it. The sooner Sawa accepts the situation the better it'll be for both her and her friends.

Granted, there's perhaps a bit more that Sawa needs to work out with this. But I think she's over the hardest part now - The emotional acceptance part.