View Single Post
Old 2012-11-19, 20:23   Link #72
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I am sure all the negative comments about LB is more about the anime adaptation itself rather than the original work.
Plus i don't see any relations between "poor/average animation" of the LB anime made by J.C. staff and the company that originally brought us LB: Key. That's like saying that Minato soft is a bad company because of the MajiKoi anime or Navel for the OreTsuba anime.
I think the MajiKoi visual novel is actually really good and criticisms of that adaption are fair since it wasn't even really an adaption (None of the VN content is really in the anime, it's an all new story). Little Busters is actually adapting the content, so the comparison isn't a very good one to begin with.

I played Little Busters, and while they certainly take liberties here with the order in which they adapt the content (Which some people have criticized and well time will tell if their choices are the right one), the content itself that is being adapted can be criticized for being almost TOO faithful.

Then there are several complaints throughout, by both source readers and some anime viewers, about some of the humor not being funny, for the drama lacking impact, or other things. What is a lot of this attributed to? JC staff. They even make backhanded comments like "if only that other studio" (Who rejected this project) was doing it...

I don't care if people want to criticize the anime here. I just find it funny how something that's awfully similar in style and content to clannad gets smeared while that anime got praised. This is why I raised the point of kyoani exceptionalism, since it seems they get praise for doing things that are really no different from what we see here.

I won't argue that KyoAni would probably do much better visuals, but as far as story composition and direction goes... I don't believe we'd see much different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
But you can't really expect someone to repeat the same repetitious content 4 times over. What is this? Diablo 3?
Well if the criticisms were phrased as such, but that wasn't exactly what I was getting at

I was just trying to express bemusement at the apparent negativity of this show for many of the same reasons I found myself disoriented when I first watched Clannad.

Not saying the criticisms are unfair. I thought Komari's arc was bad. As for this episode, well there isn't a whole lot to say. Lots of slapstick humor and more cutesy KEY character exposition. Very typical stuff for them.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote