View Single Post
Old 2008-01-18, 11:23   Link #518
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
If "only who its user wants in" can get into barriers in general, how did Signum break in in Ep5 A's, Yunno and Fate break in in Ep 1 A's and Yunno and Nanoha in Ep 9 original series... as a rule, those with magic power, enemies or friends can exist, the rest fade.

Two ways to deal with that quotation. One, I can say that the "requirements" that are settable is limited to power level (pressure exerted by barrier), thus the two have some latent magic talent that hadn't shown up until now.

Two, under my theory, if is actually possible to allow some special exceptions, assuming you can locate them. What you will do is specially and specifically anchor them with your own power, so they cannot be pushed out when you extend your barrier. But while one can understand why Hayate (did she?) and / or Rein wanted Fate and Nanoha dead, why they would specifically target Suzuka and Arisa is plainly unclear, so personally I think one is more likely.

I didn't translate the full article, since I never realized anyone might be interested in the rest of it, but anyways...

Do make sure you're using the right terms. The Barrier spell in question is only specifically dealing with the likes of Vita's A's Ep01 barrier, and I assume the one that the Book of Darkness used, not "barriers" in general. Also, it doesn't "let people in" according to the user's specifications, it "leaves people behind" according to those specifications.

封鎖領域 - Sealed Domain
A Belkan barrier spell, with a meaning similar to that of a "magic prison". Leaving behind only "the targets that meet the requirements specified by the user", this spell causes a break in Space-time. As shown by the prison in the name, this spell's main purpose is to "prevent targets entrapped within the barrier from escaping". Because of that, it is relatively easy to break in from the outside, but extremely difficult to escape from the inside.

So they specifically state that it's easy to get inside the barrier, but don't mention why. They never mention what kind of requirements can be specified, so as to why Alisa and Suzuka got stuck inside, who knows?