View Single Post
Old 2011-01-10, 13:26   Link #21439
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
And we were continuously told that the catbox could never been opened, and near the end cast doubt on whether we should.
We were also told that everything was done by magic. But I trusted that Ryuukishi wouldn't pull something as lame as presenting a mystery only to tell us that the culprit was a witch. In this case my trust wasn't betrayed as it was confirmed that magic can't be used in the "games" and everything must have a human explanation.

The same way I trusted that Ryuukishi knew better than continuously telling us to find the answer only to tell us in the end that the answer is better off not being known.

And to be honest... isn't the very fact that the truth of Rokkenjima was never confirmed that allow people like the witch hunters the dumb goats and Bernkastel to create fake stories of heartless murder and gruesome insanity thus condemning the pieces of Rokkenjima to an eternal cycle of death and pain?

I can't see the good side of this catbox being left closed. it only allows malicious people to make their outrageous claims, smearing the names of all the people involved in the tragedy without anyone being able to shut them up for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheve View Post
Oh yes speaking of the catbox, that is another proof of ryukishi's shallowness. The catbox as i recall was used by Schrodinger to REPUDIATE quantum mechanics. Einstein supposedly repudiate with 'GOD DOES NOT PLAY DICE'. However ryukishi used this catbox to explain the process of the world...... The cat is either dead OR alive. It cant be both. The cat dead/alive is the result. The result of rokkenjima is CLEAR. Only 1 thing musta happened n this can ONLY be determined by the authors writing (whether we think its satisfactory or not is our right as readers to judge) Ryukishi however uses the catbox to show the process leading to the result which is fundamentally wrong. It shows ryukishi jes digged up terms, read briefly on it n then attempt to use it (to boost his ego that he is very well versed in the many different studies of humanities) to wow his readers. The CAT IS DEAD, as observed with the crater n eva etc. What ryukishi owes us readers is HOW THE CAT DIE and on that yes he can come up with multiple process if he wants BUT he should still give us a definite one and leave the interpretation/judgement to us.

Well I must say that Ryuukishi never used these logic arguments in the right way.

Hempel's raven, devil's proof, catboxes

None of them was actually used for the purpose they were originally conceived. Ryuukishi gave his own interpretations, and I'm fine with that, the same way I'm fine with his reinterpretation of the Knox rules.
As long as it was made clear...

Quote:
t's possible like the graphic novelist, Alan Moore, Ryukishi is simply doing a deconstructionist story on the mystery genre and fiction in general. Much like how Alan Moore deconstructed the superhero genre and ushered in the 1980's comic age of grim, gritty, metaphysical, and thought provoking.
Alan Moore didn't leave any huge question lingering after the conclusion of his story. Watchmen was a true masterpiece that was conceived and developed with a care for every minimal detail (I wish I could say the same for Umineko, but I can't).

Which means: you don't need to leave holes in your story to "deconstruct" a genre.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote