View Single Post
Old 2012-04-28, 12:33   Link #28631
goldendust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Well, that would render all of the red completely meaningless, right?
I mean that like in EP6 where Battler needed to revise on the red truth since he needed to make small changes to his scenario hence by that logic that new red truths can be created as long it does not contradict past ones.

Quote:
Your point about hatred producing the toxin is an interesting one, though I'd rather believe Maria's magic had some meaning and therefore she did love her mama.
I always thought that Sakutaro was a symbol for Maria's love for her mother and belief in her mother loves her back as shown that Sakutaro would always try to comfort Maria during her more pessimistic moments as well that Sakutaro tried to save Rosa from the brutal torture that awaited her in the hands of daughter.

At least in EP4, I do not think that Maria could really love her mother anymore. At least in the fantasy scene where Rosa made brutal comments to Maria while being tortured. If you look at it from the perspective that the whole scene is just Maria's fantasy, that basically that she truly believes every negative she suspected about Rosa.

Like mentioned in EP 3 that magic for happiness can only exist if everyone believes in it. If Maria cannot believe in her mother anymore, then there is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Personally I've always wondered about this terrible wound.
IMO I think it is both, damage done to brain and to lower half of the body. First that the baby landed on the head then hit something sharp on the lower side when it was falling down. Probably that it landed in pretty fortunate or unfortunate angle.

However I always thought that baby must have been somewhat of a mess considering that people thought it died.

Quote:
The problem is that Beato, GM for EP 4, shocked on a red she was trying to say. So, unless Ange stole form her the chair of GM, she didn't know all the reds...
Couldn't it be that Beatrice slipped when trying to talk to Ange? That she did not fully remember the red truth and slipped up? For example that she was trying to convince Ange and tried to use the red truth but slipped up?

Quote:
Yasu's body became the 'vessel' for her immaginary friend.
Actually it's more complicate than this.
'Shannon' wasn't just an immaginary friend but also a role model, a superego, what Yasu longed to become and who had a look that, more or less, matched Yasu. So Shannon and Yasu were already supposed to fuse into one when Yasu were to become like 'Shannon' and probably, hadn't Yasu discovered she didn't really want to become 'Shannon', things would have gone smoothly, 'Shannon, the imaginary friend' would have been 'suppressed' and Yasu would have become who she wanted to be.
Interesting view on the matter.

Quote:
The most likely combination is a maid with more or less the look and physical abilities of Shannon (breasts put aside), more or less the anger of Kanon and more or less the character of Beato.
Perhaps Claire be the closest thing that we will get to a combination of the three? Although I am not sure if Kanon's defining traits are anger. If anything it is pessimism and self-sacrifice.

[QUOTE=Captain Bluebeard;4133844]That was actually never confirmed, but I agree, being female would make more sense. After all, Genji was afraid Kinzo might make the same mistake again, and I don't think he would imagine Kinzo raping his son. Then again, there's no guarantee whatsoever.
/QUOTE]

Your forget the number one truth in Umineko, You should not put anything past Kinzo

Quote:
Even in the scene where Yasu is put in Beatrice's dress, it says something like: 'I was sure this dress would cause a lot of jokes'. So...cat box?
Wasn't that maybe due to nature of the dress? I am not sure it has been a while since I read the scene.
goldendust is offline   Reply With Quote