View Single Post
Old 2008-02-16, 13:05   Link #215
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I understand that Mihawk can cut through elements, but unless his sword is made out of seastone there is no way he can actually hurt logia users. His sword attacks would simply slice through the elements just like how all other physical attacks pass through the bodies of logia users. All logia users are immune to physical pain, with the exception of Blackbeard, and if Mihawk's sword is not made out of seastone he would not be able to damage logia users at all.
Let me start of by saying, until Oda actually shows the fight with Mihawk or shows Zoro cut a logia user, my analysis of their powers is purely speculative.

I'm not explaining myself clearly. It has nothing to do with the sword, it is all Mihawk. The training that Mihawk has gone through allows him to 'see' past the devil fruit abilities of his opponents, and to 'see' simply the person he is fighting. By understanding the 'breath' of the world around him, Mihawk is able to exert his will upon the 'breath'. Much the same as Zoro, by actively controlling the 'breath' of the univere around him, Mihawk can make it so that he wills his sword to cut through a logia body. To put it another way, there is no way that Zoro's sword could not have cut through that palm tree in the Alabasta arc, while fighting Mr. 1, the very fact that he did not cut through the tree, implies that he can exert his own willpower of his sword forcing it to cut or not to cut (that's the question , sorry couldn'y resist). This is what Mihawk does to fight Logia bodies, he forces his sword to hurt them.

Damn, I can explain my idea further, but it gets into some freaky philosophical sh*t, and, well, I don't feel like going through all the hassel of trying to explain everything when I am not even sure if I am correct.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote