Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 13:22   Link #18
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah like I said some people can get into these things really easily, and I'm sure it would be especially easy if you're into the idol scene or just stage performances in general (I'm more of a theater/opera guy myself but have no love for pop-idols), but for those that aren't into that sort of thing and are starting to wonder if this isn't actually the next big thing (cause lately it's kind of looking like it is) I have to ask....what is here for us if indeed the next market being mined after Light Novels is the idol scene? I will also ask, why does something like an idol series even need a big budget or established franchise or even any established thing to back it up? Is it simply not possible anymore to just do an interesting original story about somebody struggling to make it as an idol or coming off the peak of their career or something and to just do it with good old-fashioned character drama and storytelling? Will that just not work at all anymore in your estimation? Does everything need a gimmick or hook to be at the forefront of a production like TV anime producers seem to think they do today?
*snip*
Well its just simply due its need more animation than usual (There is reason why most anime only have mouth clapping all the time on its animation), popularity to sell its CDs. etc.
Simple Idol anime with lack of budget and sugary animation that need lot of budget won't cut it IMO. Established franchise back-up at least make the project have target to shoot, put less risk after all the budget spending.