View Single Post
Old 2004-06-02, 11:12   Link #31
j1m0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Smith completes £7m Man Utd switch

Leeds fans are seething that the home-town boy they hailed a hero during a disastrous last 12 months has so actively sought a transfer to their bitterest rivals.

United supporters are not much happier given Smith's badge-kissing antics after scoring during the last league match between the sides at Old Trafford in February and also fear the Yorkshireman's arrival could trigger the departure of Ruud van Nistelrooy.
I've been a Leeds fan for some 13 years now and I can't say I'm exactly angry about Smith moving to Manyoo really.Seething? I felt more disgusted with players like Harry Kewell and Lee Bowyer whose departures were a bit eventful to say the least. I mean, any player if given a choice between Fergie's Fatheads, Middlesboro and Everton shouldn't have a hard time seeing who are the best team. He had to go anyway, and any fans who still harbour ill-feeling towards Smith should grow up. We're in the bloody First Division now, so why hate Manyoo; their fans laugh at the fact that we see them as rivals when we're not in the same league as them.

Ruud the horse leaving would have nothing to do with Smith. Blame Ferguson. He doesn't seem to like his players (except Keane) very much and seems intent on driving them all insane. Heck, he even managed to rile poor Paul Scholes, one of the quietest and nicer footballers around.