View Single Post
Old 2010-06-13, 18:09   Link #1997
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I actually liked that Scar didn't give his name. It would have been weird if he felt worthy of it again. Who knows? Might be revealed in a new databook

The thing about Roy's end is that even so it is a happy end for him, it's still bittersweet in the prospect that if he truly succeeds (somewhere in the future) - he and the other Ishval survivors might face trial. It's one of the reasons I didn't expect any Royai end to begin with, since they pave their way to their "own destruction" as Ed put it.
That Roy is the one in charge of rebuilding Ishval is very nice, but will it redeem him? To him and/or to justice?
I just get sad thinking that the pathes for a happy life are kind of locked for him. But I do ackowledge him as mass murderer as much as I love the character. Still sad. Specially since I see him more as a guy thrown into all the wrong circumstances instead of being just a simple murderer.

I know, I know, being in charge of the east makes him happy, but that's all temporary when you think about how it might end. And I don't think the chances are that high, that he forgives himself or think he has truly atoned for what he's done - no matter what he achieves reagarding Ishval.
I don't know I would have liked a pointer regarding that issue, since it seemes like a pretty major thing regarding Roy and his followers.

Edit: Endless Twilight bet me to the bonus name reveal~
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote