View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 17:13   Link #46
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I get that the human society in SSY is pretty rotten, and I'm not exactly shedding tears here over what's happening now, but you don't find any of these human characters the least bit pitiable, Kazu-kun?
I find Saki pitiable, but that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Keep in mind that most of these folks were basically brainwashed their entire childhood and adolescence. We know how Saki and her group had occasional memory wipes - Well, most people in this society had their minds manipulated even more than that. It's hard for me to think that you can hold them accountable for much of anything.
I want them all dead for various reasons, but what really makes me cringe is their arrogance. You can see a bit of it in this episode, and in the previous episode one of the characters (the powerful guy that kicked the bucket) even called themselves the children of god or some shit like that. I mean, I think there's nothing wrong with struggling as much as you can for survival, but to think that you're entitled to it, that you somehow deserve to survive more than others because you're better or more worthy, that's bullshit. And that's the main problem with this people. Everyone of them, maybe with the exception of Saki and Sataru, believes themselves a wonder of the universe.... but these are people who kill their children because they're dead afraid of fiends and karma demons. They're not a wonder of the universe, they're not gods, they're shit. And since they're shit, they should be more humble.

All in all, I think this is a good opportunity for Saki. If she survives, maybe she will find the strength in herself to NOT become another Tomiko. Tomiko was controlled by fear just like everyone else. If the humans are to survive, they need a leader who isn't a paranoid faggot that would sacrifice their children out of fear. Because, the moment you sacrifice your humanity for survival, you can be damn sure karma will come to bite you in the ass, which is exactly what's happening right now. Karma has come in the form of a murderous fiend, and now they have to pay.