View Single Post
Old 2008-10-12, 01:23   Link #1131
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnymX View Post
Because this is mecha. Please show me other mecha shows that have a good focus of romance and yes... Of course there are a lot of show with romance but not with mecha.
Wow, pick any Macross series and you'll have one; "Love" was even in the title of one of the movies and one of the OVAs: "Do You Remember Love?", "Lovers Again". There are plenty of prominent examples like Full Metal Panic, Escaflowne, RahXephon, Kannazuki, Nadesico, Aquarion, Stellvia, etc. with more romance than Gundam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
There is hardly any fanservice in 00.
Fanservice != panty shots. Fanservice has always been part of Gundam (even the original series had some nudity ), but it mostly consists of bouncing, large breasts, so it's not as blatant as ecchi series.

Well, great episode. The only problems I had with it were Soma (whom I came to respect by the end of 00) in a less dignified position towards the end, the ED credits, which showed what seemed to be a living Chris and Licht, and Setsuna's ambigious line to to the brother at the end of the episode.
I'm expecting the latter two to be cleared up sometime soon, but the first will always be etched into my head ;_;.
Spoiler for End of the episode:

While it's not "resurrection" persay, I still feel a bit cheated.

Those aside, I thought it was an excellent start to what will hopefully be an excellent continuation. The budget is through the roof again with the same amazing animation, music will likely be as perfectly fitting as the first season, a first episode that creates a basis and interest.
Soo looking forward to the next episode.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote