Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-07, 23:39   Link #2917
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inner Geek View Post
Hello! I'm a total new guy to Yamato 2199. I love the original series and have some questions about the new 2199 series. I know there is a lot of information and I apologize for asking questions that are probably already answered elsewhere, but this thread is up to 146 pages already. Yamato 2299 will be out before I get all caught up.

So, where is the best place to buy the shows? By best, I mean cheapest. I looked on eBay and may have had a mild stroke.

Also, the models for the series seem to be 1/1000 scale. An old series 1/1000 scale sells for around $10 it would seem, but the new 2199 1/1000 scale stuff is $40+. Is it just the new that is causing the extra expense, or is Bandai coating the new stuff in so much awesome that the price is higher? Is there a retailer (online) in the US that stocks the kits? I don't mind ordering from Japan, but it takes a larger order to make shipping worthwhile in most cases.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!
Amazon is the best place to buy, but when I mean best I mean you'll pay less than $800.00 for the set of BDs.

I paid $635.00 for all 7 BDs (mix of new and used for best prices).
STAY AWAY from the $30.00 (about) DVD/CDs on Amazon.
Those are bootlegs.