View Single Post
Old 2008-04-02, 16:22   Link #18
Arturia

Send a message via AIM to Arturia Send a message via MSN to Arturia
Animation Quality: 8.5/10 - Probably what grabbed me right from the start, in the opening scene of the first episode. It was gritty, dirty, and detailed. The Gundam appearing at the end of this scene was dead sexy. Though it never looked quite that good till Trans-Am was unvieled, I was really pleased that they didn't skimp on animation quality during combat, unlike SEED and DESTINY, which were prone to it almost constantly.

Voice Actors: 9/10 - Major kudos to matching the characters personalities to their voices, and not just their appearances. I particularly liked Lockon and Tieria's VA's. And well. I never get tired of Nena being pouty and cute while she blows things up.

Script: 9/10 - Major character deaths aside, the political and 'modern-day' aspects of the show were what I enjoyed most. The way the plot twisted though, with the deaths of those characters, affected and will likely shape the minds of the other surviving cast members in the second season, in ways we've been shown glimpses of in Tieria's new hair-style and Louise's apparant membership in Celestial Being. There were a few things that didn't quite make sense, but again. It's only half-way done.

Design: 8.5 - The designs of the Gundams, first and foremost, made this really awesome. The downside was the fact that until the world governments obtain the GN units, they're basically fighting the Gundams with crude mechs that look like they belong more in Xenosaga or Armored Core. The only one that looked remotely sexy was the FLAG. The rest were pretty damn atrocious.

Music: 10/10 - I can't complain here, really. This is one of those few animes where I enjoyed rocking out to both OPs and EDs. The music in-anime was also well suited to the scenes it's heard in. It doesn't feel out of place, but it doesn't distract you.

Overall: 9/10 - Not perfect, but far from a failure. It's leaps and bounds above SEED and DESTINY in terms of.. well, everything. Just the quality, and the effort that actually shows in the animation and plot.
Arturia is offline   Reply With Quote