View Single Post
Old 2012-02-04, 08:01   Link #885
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Shikijin: I think reading this will settle it for you: http://labaq.com/archives/51007312.html (half-sarcasm).
Read it. As expected, that list (which is about what a 悪い女 does, rather than what a 悪い女 is) was basically sex-related stuff. It appears 悪い女 is a synonym of 尻軽女. For the Japanese a "bad woman" is a "promiscuous woman", if not even a "vamp". Not "evil", nor "mean". Case closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Seriously. ^^;; I'm no native speaker either but if you know enough Japanese to google it and whatnot then you should know how unspecific and vague it is without any context (much like in English, for that matter). Besides, how can you tell that the writer or whoever it was that said this wasn't simply joking or being sarcastic?
There is misconception on how vague Japanese is. Or maybe on the concept of vagueness. If Okada really meant to be "vague", she wouldn't have made people understand she was talking about Mikono. Once you mention a subject the cat is out of the bag. And yeah, I think she was joking, the joke being using a term that is an exaggeration of what it actually happens. Since the story had to have a love triangle, Mikono had to be a natural temptress
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote