Thread: Akagi!
View Single Post
Old 2006-12-01, 09:31   Link #242
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godakame View Post
wow indeed. That tis long, good sir. Your theory of a heart attack could make for a grand ending. Thoug I could have sworn that Washizu was having mini heart attacks during the anime when Akagi kept handing Washizu his own ass; you can tell by Washizu's constantly changing facial expression, oscilating from creepy smile to "I think I just shat myself".
So I thought if Akagi anime would have a grand ending at all,it'll be
1.Washizu dying of a heart attack
2.Washizu dies of heart attack,and Yoshioka and others tries to split the whatever hundreds-million yen Washizu left. But Akagi beats them up and takes the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godakame View Post
Well considering the track record of manga being better than their anime counterparts, I would guess that going through 12 volumes of Akagi would be more enjoyable, and quite addicting. Because we all know how addicting the anime is (I like to point out the obvious). If I had the chance, and know-how, I would liquify the Akagi anime in super-saturated form and inject it straight into my veins. Seriously though, if they are still in the mansion in the manga, I guess a season 2 in the near future would be imposible, or improbable. Than again that could potentially, in a sense be a brillant season. 26 episodes of just Akagi and Washizu in the mansion...
Yeah but think about waiting over a year each time to see what happens.Imagine Akagi fans from 10 years ago waiting 10 years for the Washizu game to end lol (.welll...people in Japan can read Kindai Mahjongg..)
........Come to think about it,you kindda forget about it sooner or later because you wait so long..besides there's Kaiji and other mangas that could entertain me.

I too thought 26 episodes in Washizu Mahjongg would be wayyyy too long.The anime made 6.1 volumes in 13 episodes,so the remaining...8 volumes(I'm assuming Akagi vol.20 will be the end.) can be made into a 12,13 episode series. (or an OVA?)I think I can handle that,considering 13 episodes in the Washizu mansion was quite entertaining,90% due to Washizu.

Oh yeah..now I can post this gif I made some while ago:

cute,eh?
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote