View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 23:06   Link #807
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
James, I don't think you understand how serious people are about not obeying another ban.
Of course. The entire point is to prepare for an apocalypse. But once you are prepared, it would be silly if it doesn't happen.

I find it interesting that those who want to defend themselves from the military, do NOT support de-funding the military.

What is the point of trying to protect your guns when you deliberately let the army have bigger toys? Wouldn't it be more effective to weaken the military as well?

I am serious. What is the logic of keeping the military strong, if you don't trust that they wouldn't betray you? Surely a stronger military just makes an organised militia harder to survive?

Right now, those who want to blow up the white house would get a hellfire missile to the face from a Predator. You CAN'T rebel against the US military, it can't be done. And it is because the GOP refused to think "small government" included a smaller military.

Quote:
Can we not go on the "think of the children!" philosophy, because that leads to another road of disaster?
You seem to be confused. I am merely stating the fact that there had always been school shootings in America, and that this one is no different from any other. There is no point pretending this is some special event; we have the Internet now, and thus able to look back and realised that this happens all the time.