View Single Post
Old 2012-06-21, 13:02   Link #45
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
but they are his parents, I still think it was stupid,
parents killed and betrayed by their own son and still proud of him? thats the most stupidest thing ive ever heard....
it should have been like "why did you do this" or "How could you do this to us itachi?"
I get where you're coming from, but this isn't a normal culture we're talking about. itachi's parents were clearly thinking about honor and duty to clan or village when they died, not about personal grief. its considered honorable for warriors to die like itachi's parents did

Quote:
If im correct, the parents actually dont know why Itachi killed them, so why the fuck be proud of him. He is a betrayer
we can't know for sure, but my interpretation was that itachi had put them under tsukiomi and told them everything. to be in that position on the ground implies that itachi had already used MS on them to immobilize them. they seemed to understand very well what was going on, which is why you didn't get the reaction from them that you were looking for. perhaps mentally, they were already passed the denial and questioning stages and had come to accept their fate at their own son's hand. staging a coup was certainly not an easy choice to make and it sounds like the uchiha waited as long as they possibly could despite the ostracism. so they could have felt guilt for their actions to attack their own village (despite its necessity to them) and they could have wanted judgment like how itachi wanted it from sasuke for the massacre (despite him deeming it necessary)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote