View Single Post
Old 2012-06-21, 16:53   Link #52
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post

I feel like Kishi dug himself into a hole with this whole Itachi storyline, even though he keeps trying to patch it up. Overall it was a nice farewell at least.
It's actually the best story line of the manga. You can attack it in many ways, but if you look at other parts of the manga you can see that it's not any worse than those in terms of plot holes. I mean look at the decision of Minato to die and leave his village and his son to their "fate". Also we can't analyse ninja's thinking using our way of thinking, we live in a very advanced and peaceful society, our thinking about the world is completely different. In ancient civilizations people believed in fate and gods and such things much more. They lived in a world full of secrets and random events which they could not explain, they could randomly die any day. I mean imagine if we didn't have our social security and health care, add to that the chance that some unknown magical creature like the kyuubi attacks or some magical warriors (ninjas) attack or that simply you run out of food and starve because nature decided that it doesn't like you. In such circumstances people try to find rational explanations, like "it's fate", there's a "savior", etc. So Minato did believe that his son is a "savior" and did something that is very stupid if we simply analyze it logically. Compared to that Itachi had much more logic behind his decisions, he did what seemed to be the best thing to do. Also Itachi was a child, he was about 12-13 years old, and raised in a crazy world where people like Danzou and his father ordered him what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
I thought Itachi had the mangekyou even before that?
I remember Itachi telling that he "awakened MS and Susano on that fateful day", which seems to be the day that Shisui died. I guess Shisui told him to kill him in order to gain MS. But now that Itachi's story seems to be clear, there's Shisui's story, how did he get his MS and why was he so extremely loyal to Konoha that he let Danzou take his eye. I mean if we look at how evil and ugly Danzou is then it's hard to believe that any mentally sane Uchiha would choose Danzou over his own clan. If i were in their place i would use my MS to take the lead in the clan, kill the elders and take over Konoha. Itachi did know about the plan of the elders to ambush the Uchiha so that they kill them before they begin a civil war. However thinking logically this works both ways and in a society that's based on power it would be logical that if Itachi/Shisui and Tobi take out the whole elder council and some top jounins then the logical decision of the remaining jounins is to accept the new leadership instead of going to civil war and then war against other villages. In that case Shisui or Itachi would be the 5th hokage and Naruto would be under their "protection" (just like Danzou wanted Naruto to be under his "protection").
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote