View Single Post
Old 2006-04-20, 22:11   Link #16
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Title: Black Lagoon
Rating: A
Eps seen: 4
"This is a lot more entertaining than Hollywood." I must agree with this.
Anyway, I really like this one, great action and some deeper meanings here and there (at least for me ). Plus, I find it very refreshing to see a guy not going into dementia mode when a girl jumps on top of him. Great show to get the blood pumping, although it does look like a commercial for alcohol and cigarettes. Enter a babe with scars/power/money, exit all my problems with this show. (I had no previous knowledge on this one btw.)

Title: Nana
Rating: A
Eps seen: 5
Interesting, I wonder which way it will develop, it can turn into (stay) something great or crash and burn, I hope they handle it with care. I wonder when they will explore rocker Nana. (I have no previous knowledge on this one)

Title: Aria The Natural
Rating: A-
I tried, I really tried to resist this one, until I viewed the first episode and it drop kicked me and dragged me back into the world that is Aqua, where everything is so soft, fluffy and good.

Title: Ouran High School Host Club
Rating: B+
This one made me cry with laughter, golden comedy with the pretty boys. ^_^

Title: School Rumble 2nd Semester
What can I say more, multi-layered/multi-dimensional relationships with astronomically funny misunderstandings and pain. Makes you LOL all the way to your bank account so you can buy the DVDs. Something to watch when you're 80, get a heart attack and die with a smile on your face. Miko-channnn.....

Title: xxxHOLIC
Eps seen: 4
Bring on the bread-stick-figure from Clamp, always interesting to watch, I especially like Watanuki and the torment (of love?) he is getting.

Title: The Third ~ Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo
Rating: B
Eps seen: 1
A very pleasant surprise this one, I started to view this one with huge skepticism, the lead being kinda loli and all, however this was quickly put aside after I saw her pull out her sword and gun. I also like tanks, especially one that reminds me a bit of GITS.

Title: Utawarerumono
Eps seen: 3
Potential? Yes, but I hope they don't start rushing through the story. They can make or break this show with the pacing.

Title: Air Gear
Eps seen: 3
"I'm the main character and this is the way you treat me."
That line sold me, there is nothing I like more than seeing the torment (of love?). That is the love between siblings I like to see, I like to see it as the following: "always fighting but when one is in trouble they'll aid you anyway they can."

Title: Himawari
Rating: B-
"Ninja school isn't what it used to be." Yup it just got more entertaining and funny, although I must admit that it was the elf, with miso-soup, that entranced me. It also looks like they got some inspiration from Disney.

Title: RAY The Animation
Rating: C+
Eps seen: 2
Great stuff if you like this sort of thing... Operating on people is one thing, but a nurse that can do a flying kick wins in my book.

Title: Hack Roots
Rating: C+
Strange, I've seen the first episode, I liked it, but nothing compels me to watch the second or third episode. :/ Nothing-unexpected going on.

Title: Strawberry Panic
Rating: C
Eps seen: 2
Hard one, I actually liked the first episode, but stopped watching the second one right in the middle because I got bored. Yuri that is all up in your face, which had me going, yeah, right, make up a story first than bring all the love love stuff.

Title: Simoun
Rating: C
The Yuri in this one doesn't seem to grip me and the dog fights had me going

Title: Soul Link
Rating: D
I usually like space related anime, this however had me going skip skip skip, bye bye, no sale... no more fan service in space for me please.

Title: High School Girls
Rating: ---
Well I started to skip and that was the end for me, although this one is worth reviewing when I have the time.

This is too much anime to watch for me , so everything under xxxHOLIC will probably go into the to-watch bin.
edits: continuously updating.

Last edited by Aidan; 2006-05-06 at 11:21.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote