View Single Post
Old 2007-08-29, 22:25   Link #12
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Untrue, the disc will not be finalized if it is being set up for a multisession. I don't know if it's the standard for the discs to be finalized by default, but if you use Nero, the default is to have a multisession. I think the program only offered to finalize it for you if you had to overburn in order to fit all of your data on the disc.

Using Nero, you can finalize a disc that has mutliple sessions. I don't know whether all CD/DVD ROM drives will be able to view all of the multisessions - they should be able to. At the very least, you'll get to see something, and/or any corruption errors should disappear.
What I meant by finalizing a disc is when it is completely full and no more data can be put on it, the disc should be finalized since nothing else can be put onto it. I know about the multisession feature but I don't think Hayamaneko did that to the disc's . . . .so they should be "closed" meaning you can't put anything else on them anymore.

I guess while your program calls it multisession mine calls it Open and closed discs . . same concept like what you explained, just different naming

Quote:
Just to clarify, multi-session does NOT erase previous data. Multi-session means that you can burn data to a disc, and then later, during a different session, come back and write more data to that disc.
Yeah, while I don't have the program Nero I do have that function as well (As above) . . .I just never have used it b/c usually I have the entire disc ready to be filled of data or I use RW's all the time for temporary space.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote