View Single Post
Old 2008-01-04, 20:22   Link #49
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Thanks for the explaination. Can we put up a list of the mistake J. C. Staff does in season 1 and their solution they implement in season 2? It is not like I am criticizing them. In fact, we have to be thankful to J.C. Staff for bringing Shakugan no Shana to us. I just want to understand how they arrange storyline in season 2 to overcome their mistake in season 1. I realized that there is a discussion about this thing in other posts, but hopefully we can put here a quick summary.

Novel: During the arrival of incest twin, Reiji Maigo absorbs Sydonay's severed arm, thereby increase Yuji's power of existence greatly.
Anime: The synchronization of Yuji with Hecate increases his power of existence.

Is any more that I miss? Hopefully, you all can add in to the list.
I don't think the anime original ending in season 1 was a mistake at all. I think that J.C. Staff was playing conservative, since they don't know how the TV ratings would go and how many viewers would actually be interested (other than the novel community), so they went with the anime original. If there was a mistake, it was that Shakuan no Shana I was too successful that J.C. Staff decided to make a season II.

I mean, you shouldn't expect anything when it's your first time doing it.