View Single Post
Old 2017-02-07, 08:04   Link #18
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I didn't minded the over the top action of the last games either, but 7 was great non the less.
Atmosphere was great. Loved the classic puzzels.

It's pretty short yes, but the old Resident Evils were pretty short too (I mean there is even an achievement for beating Resi1RE in under 3 hours).

What I didn't like so much was the "Ghost Story" stuff they were doing with this... Okay they explained that one with just hallucinations and mind controle but for me RE is more about slimy monsters and mutating people.
Sadly it also suffers from what I call the "taking stuff away" effect. What I mean is... compair the controls of RE6 with the controls of this game... I actually missed the ability to slide around and roll out of harms way at first.
Oh... and why is Ethan destroying stuff he has in his inventory? Why can't he just put stuff on the ground like in the old games? And why can't he combine something on the ground with something in the inventory? I disliked the "we have boxes now... SO FRIGG'N USE THEM IF YOU WANNA KEEP STUFF!" approach.

Well I'm sure we still get some more action like REs. There could always be a spin-offs like the Revelation games.