View Single Post
Old 2011-05-31, 20:22   Link #144
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^ Well it certainly is true that he confessed but he said it himself:

"I planned to wait patiently until you realized it yourself."

So his confession came off more as "desperate but lost struggle". Add to the fact that he ran away.

But as you say one can´t really expect much from a 16 year old. But hey, if you really wanna get the girl, get your game on track.

As for Tooru, I completely agree with what Hanashi said. Tooru´s character has his insecurities, specially professional. I think the anime has done a great job so far, in slowly developing his character. Its a slow process, but I think the audience is slowly starting to get to know more about him, and eventually also starting to feel more comfortable about his presence/character.

And also, not just the audience but Ohana too. What did Ohana say about him in the previous episodes?

"I'm not fond of this guy, AT ALL."

And what about this episode?

1. She was surprised when he patted her on the head and told her its ok what she did, that she felt it was for the best so that he was ok with it.
2. She´s starting to slowly understand him.

And most important of all, she said: "Thank you Tooru-san." With a huge, grateful smile on her face.

So, its not like Tooru is this jerk whose suddenly is going to steal Ohana's heart from one episode to another. I think its a great process that they're slowly coming to make Ohana realize that he isn't a bad guy at all. That he's nice, understanding, sharp tounged, but really helpful and kind in his own way.

As for Ko, well, its kind of really hard for me to sympathize with him since we haven't really seen much of him since the anime aired.

To me, hiis character sort of screams: "Supporting/side Character".