View Single Post
Old 2011-05-31, 20:33   Link #145
hanashi

Say what about him? That I think pining over a friend is a little dishonest? He said that he'd always liked her. I don't know how long they've known each other, but that's about two years if they met in high school. He probably never would have said anything if she had stayed. But I think Ohana's move just accelerated events and all this might have happened eventually.

About him learning how to handle his emotions...he was afraid to lose her and he ended up blurting out his feelings and fleeing. I get it. He was scared and he didn't want an answer. He did the same sort of thing when he heard Tooru's voice--he got worried/jealous and asked where she was going without conscious thought.

I like Kou, which is why I want him to learn how to put himself first. Consciously, where it will do him the most good. You need to have a healthy sense of self and your own emotions in a relationship, otherwise you can end up getting subsumed by a stronger personality or by the relationship itself. If Kou/Ohana does happen, I want it to happen in the future.

I love all these characters, actually. They're growing up and trying to figure out how to deal with the changes life throws at them as they go along and they don't always get it right. Those are areas where I think he needs to grow and experience is a great teacher.

[But this isn't about Tooru anymore so let's agree to disagree or move this. ]