View Single Post
Old 2007-10-27, 21:49   Link #80
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
suffers from many of the same problems the others have: they're still wasting far too much screen time flashing to the numerous leaders thoughts on the situation. we should have had the south american guys, the United states president and his aid, and maybe the two girls in the middle east. No other political players where needed. Honestly, the time could have been better spent with character work on Sergei and the latest four clone, or the fight between Graham's new custom Flag and Exia, or even Saji and Setsuna's interaction. -_-

still, I was amused by Setsuna having a mental episode with the artillery shell, and maybe things will be a bit more focused next week...seems like we're finally getting to a bit of character work with Allelujah.
Eh...well... I thought it was slightly better than episode three. It doesn't hurt to give us a bit more political background, I mean, rushing it would only ruin the atmosphere of the show later on. Maybe it's just my preference, but I think that (hypothetical) world politics is interesting, even if it's unrealistic or whatever.

Btw, I think they will focus on character development more on episode five too, since it's somewhat centered on Allelujah. I think. I sort of hope. If they have 6+ episodes of 98% political background, maybe they're stretching it a bit too much... Maybe it's just a commercial trick to pique people's interests in characters, because I'm really curious about Setsuna and Lockon and why Tieria doesn't like Setsuna etc...
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote