View Single Post
Old 2008-03-10, 01:46   Link #221
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1 View Post
That's not really what I see. Kyou realized that Kotomi likes him and was serious, and because it's Kotomi, she couldn't get jealous at all. She even said that despite Ryou knowing Kotomi is her love rival towards Tomoya, Ryou gladly accepted that Kotomi needs Tomoya more and gave up. Kyou didn't prioritized Tomoya's feeling but gave him to Kotomi, because she knew how much Kotomi treasures him.
Yeah, I just checked that scene, and you're correct. However, she did approach Kotomi before she even knew about her feelings. [The day in which Kotomi wasn't supposed to make any new friends (because that's what Ryou's prediction said), and Kyou showed up.] Actually, even when Tomoya introduced them for the first time, despite Kyou being a bit cold, she still accepted to become Kotomi's friend.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because Tomoya went out of his way to try to make someone happy, and I'd be surprised if Kyou didn't notice that. Even then, she was the first girl to approach them, and offer them some help. (She may have had her own reasons to do so, though.)

Quote:
Wait... she was angry? I didn't see her really angry, more like concerned jealousy because Nagisa and Tomoya were enjoying themselves together.
I guess, perhaps, my wording was incorrect.^^ I think anger wouldn't be the correct word, but resentment. Anyway, my point is still the same. Nagisa was also a close friend of Kyou's, and if something was clear about Kyou in the game, was that she cares a great deal about her family (at least, about Ryou) and her friends. The way in which she behaved in that scene was as if she just didn't care about that, even if it was clear that Tomoya and Nagisa were happy together (especially in Tomoya's case who had been quite depressed before Nagisa returned - Kyou simply acted as if she didn't notice/care about that, and that's what I mean with OOC).

Quote:
Anyway, the crying part (devastated) was because she realized that Ryou knew about her feelings to Tomoya. That's why Ryou told her "Sorry" because she was using her despite she knew about Kyou's real feeling. Just imagine how it feels to know that your "get together" plan for your sister actually back fired at you. If you plan to get someone to love someone, you shouldn't be in love with that someone for it to truly work out.
I didn't see it that way; I guess you're correct. Thanks for pointing that out.