View Single Post
Old 2009-06-15, 15:13   Link #87
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
[B][FONT="Tahoma"]

He did try to keep her away, but on a general thesis, he never really noticed her, up until she screwed her life. Shirley was important for Lelouch, that was made clear in Stage 14, by his own words. But, by the time Lelouch chose Zero-path, then this couple was pretty much out. The only plausible-"options" were C.C and Kallen. We got our reply about C.C and we got a semi-reply about Kallen. Someone seemed to forget about a certain powerful gumline.
Keep in mind at that Lelouch hadn't really noticed any girl in a romantic sense. Sure he was attentive to Kallen and C.C. but only because they were very important to his Zero path. Shirley was actually the first girl, I believe, he truly considered in a romantic sense (well, aside from Euphemia) And if that's how you want to think, that Lelouch's Zero path truly did destroy Shirlulu then you're free to believe it. By the same token I could say that Lelouch's ZR plan destroyed Kalulu.

And about the gumline. They omitted it, and they omitted it for a reason. They certainly wouldn't have left that out if it was vital to the story or her character. How did we come across that anyway?

Quote:
Of course, each chara has his/her role, that is a given. But the --- that Shirley had, was that she was a secondary character, and not being able to be on the BK HQ, something that Kallen could do and she was one of the main charas.
It is, role-delivery. It is not that it is Shirley's fault or anything, lol. Staff had certain roles in mind, simple. Some were meant to be a lot, and some others, were meant to be a lot and something more.
*sigh* and maybe that's part of why I'm such a Shirlulu fan I mean, not only was she a secondary character, but she was a tortured and horribly tragic secondary character. I almost always root for the underdog, such is my misfortune.

Now keep in mind, I do like how Lelouch and Shirley's relationship developed and I do believe they could have had something, but I also find it hard to accept that idea that Shirlulu was destined to fail just because she was a secondary character. I don't think the success of a romance or pairing should fail because of something like that.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote