View Single Post
Old 2011-01-14, 04:56   Link #7600
Used Can

That's indeed true. And, seriously, this current arc has made me realise Nagi would work much better as a side character. I mean, she doesn't work as a lead in terms of comedy (I mean, her scenes can be funny, but not to lead a comedy manga, in my opinion), she doesn't work as a lead in terms of romance either - other characters have been developed far more than her. In fact, as I've mentioned it several times in the past, it's even debatable whether she's received any romantic development at all, and I believe she's received none. And as far as plot is concerned, she doesn't work as a lead in that. So far, that seems to be Athena's area.

Of course, there's still the butler and his master theme; that has indeed got developed throughout the series, and Nagi has actually matured. But, has she got to have female lead status for that? I mean, she could definitely count as a main character considering the manga's main theme, but I don't think she works as the lead.

Naturally, this is just my opinion.